BS EN ISO 19011
Guidelines for Quality and Environmental Management Systems Auditing
The cost of failing an environmental/quality management systems audit can take a number of forms: companies can lose valuable contracts or prized certifications; they may have to pay for an expensive range of improvements demanded by a client; they may experience and erosion of efficiency; etc.
BS EN ISO 19011: 2002 therefore offers guidelines for quality and/or environmental management systems auditing. It is intended that by using this new standard, organizations can save time, effort and money by:
Whatever the reason for the audit, however (eg: certification, internal review, contract compliance, etc) itis intended that organizations can move efficiently through the process by applying the guidelines.
- Avoiding confusion over the objectives of the environmental or quality audit programme.
- Securing agreement of the goals for individual audits within an audit programme.
- Reducing duplication of effort when conducting combined environmental/quality audits.
- Ensuring audit reports follow the best format and contain all the relevant information.
- Evaluating the competence of members of an audit team against appropriate criteria.
Within one single standard there are now four critical decision/support resources for the efficient planning, conduct and evaluation of quality and/or environmental audits:
At the core of the standard is a set of principles that will help anyone connected with an audit to perform effectively. And because it focuses primarily on the underlying processes of audit management, it can also be adapted for use when auditing any management system.
- A clear explanation of the principles of management systems auditing.
- Guidance on the management of audit programmes.
- Guidance on the conduct of internal or external audits.
- Advice on the competence and evaluation of auditors.
ISO 19011 actually cancels and replaces the following older standards: BS EN 30011-1:1993, BS EN 30011-2:1993, BS EN 30011-3:1993; and BS EN ISO 14010:1996, BS EN ISO 14011:1996 and BS EN ISO 14012:1996.
THE NEXT STEPS
BS EN ISO 19011 can be purchased online. The purchase cost includes worldwide delivery via UPS direct from BSI headquarters.... and there are no shipping or packing fees!
PURCHASE ISO 19011 HERE: 116 UKP / 224 USD
Or it can be purchased with the ISO 14000 standards as part of
THE ISO 14000 ELECTRONIC BOOK
Return to Main